Thursday, October 18, 2012

Getting the ball rolling..

Today was Parker's dialysis clinic, which was a day long adventure at Children's Hospital. I'm always nervous when it comes to these appointments, because there is so much stress on his growth and lab values. Today, though, was a good day. Today we sat down with the transplant coordinator and signed consents to begin the transplant evaluation process! He gave us our "transplant packet" and went over everything with us and answered all of our questions. He is calling our insurance to get approval on getting the testing started. And next month we get to meet the transplant Nephrologist and transplant surgeon to discuss things further! For once, I am excited for our next appointment!

Once our insurance approves the evaluation process, we can start having potential donors tested. Once we find a match, and he reaches 10 kg, which is 22 lbs., he will be ready to get a new-slightly used-kidney!

I am one happy Momma today!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Location:Big day!

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    My name is marlin, I gave birth to my daughter nikayla who was diagnosed with arpkd at 9 days old & we have been in hospital since at first it was her blood pressure that was uncontrolled, then her kidneys were so big they had to remove one which kinda helped her blood pressure now she's on 6 different meds that haven't helped at all now today I just found out she will get her other kidney removed and start dialysis :( I'm emotional and scared this will be her third surgery & I really need someone to talk to. I don't know if I could do both a feeding tube & dialysis I feel asif nothing has gotten better since I've been in this hospital. Please email me I could really use some advice you seem like a very stong lady.. maugen12@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete