Saturday, September 15, 2012

Nasty, rotten kidneys

Yesterday was officially one year since Parker had his nasty, rotten kidneys taken out. That day was one of the scariest days of the whole process. During birth, I was unusually calm. I don't know how to describe it, other than I knew he would be okay. But, surgery was out of my hands. He was in the hands of a complete stranger that I had only met for 10 minutes. I believe those 5 hours were the longest of my life. If I spoke 2 sentences in that time, that's a lot. I do believe, however, that the surgery saved his life. I believe that surgery is the reason he is doing so well now. So, thank you to Dr. Roth for saving my baby.
Just to give you an idea of exactly how nasty and rotten his kidneys were, here's a picture of them after surgery.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment